Saturday 30 August 2014

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation

Hey everyone, nice to be back! I have a few hours before heading out and what I think is to give a short review about my liquid foundation which is the Colorstay from Revlon. I am not totally into a liquid foundation, but ever since I've used this one. My taste for foundation has changed ever since.. For me, it was one of a good foundation, because the matte finish look it gives to my face is very incredible, I am a very oily skin that whenever I applied my powder foundation, it leaves my skin oily at the end of the day, and that was really annoying right? It seems this foundation really done its work as what it's like promise, Wears up to 24 hours and gives you a flawless look and a lightweight feeling. Well, nobody wants to wear a make up like 24 hours right? As we normally just wear it for like about 8 - 12 hrs. Revlon Colorstay has many shades to choose from, depending on your skin tone and have a 2 type depend on your skin condition, (Normal/dry skin and combination/oily skin), I chose the combination/oily skin as it obviously what my skin needs as I am a very oily skin especially on my T-zone area.


Revlon Colorstay in 340 Early Tan 
Combination/Oily Skin

For more info regarding the different shades, you can check out the Revlon website for more shades.

As I've been visit different cosmetics shop I've never seen a complete 20 shades of this foundation, like SASA carries this foundation for only 4-6 shades, and Pacific Hypermarket which have a cosmetic corner also carried this for only 4 shades. But I am not sure whether Sephora carried this brand, Sorry guys! I will update you all once I visit Sephora and check if there is this item and will update my blog soon.
I bought mine from a Pacific Hypermarket cosmetic corner for only RM56.61 as their normal price is RM62.90, Well I got lucky they offer a 10% discount.

It  really suits my skin tone as well as my skin type condition (oily skin) but the only minus about this product is the packaging, the bottle has no pump on it, so bring out exact amount is really a challenge. So must be very careful when opening it and try to put a small amount first behind your hand and just add when necessary, as the foundation is quite watery, but the good thing is, it is very fast to dry up once you apply on your skin, you don't have to wait a few minutes before applying your finishing powder or your favorite highlighter. Really great for Combination/Oily Skin. It gives a matte finish look.


 No Flash                                                      Flash
Okay, I tried to apply this on my hand to show you how is the difference between the no flash and the flash with my camera. 
The left picture is I took a shot with no flash, very invisible and looks exactly what your skin natural color, and yet it's look matte and more bright.
The right picture is I took with flash, you will see that the foundation is really visible, but very lightweight and not cakey at all. Still, you won't feel you have those foundations all over your face

(Anyway, I've been using the iPhone camera for the real shot review)


If you are looking for an inexpensive yet very high quality liquid foundation, you may go check out this product and you may love this stuff! Just I am :)


Hope you find my review helpful, and Always stay pretty Ladies!




No comments:

Post a Comment